Paxxil

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 39 gallon tank. It's been up for around 3 years. I only have 2 of the 8-10 original fish left, Bicolor Dwarf Angel and a Banggai Cardinal. The rest just vanished. I have Yellow Star Polyps and something I just picked up not sure what it is. I do semi regular water changes. I have had different corals that have all died. At that time I was doing weekly changes. Water tests are always good. Not sure what to do.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not knowing what you bought and put in is a good indication that you may not be educating yourself on proper husbandry.
Also, in a tank so small, how do you handle top offs? I have a buddy with a 46 and his salinity swings are drastic because he is lazy and doesn't have an ato

Paxxil

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes I do use RODI. And yes I do lack on educating myself. I come from a fresh water background. I have tried to understand the ways of the salt. My salinity seems to stay stable. When I top off I check to make sure of the levels.

Last edited:

Paxxil

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No I do not. I know I should but do not have the space. There are pictures in my profile I think. I am not sure what the polls are. I am color blind. Petco could not find the tag and sold them to me for $15. If the pictures are not there let me know how to put them up, please.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Despite even the best husbandry, sometimes fish just die. I guess 8 fish in 3 years isn't terrible without a lot of the methods we would preach (qt, carbon reactor, ato, researching stock lists).
As for the corals, that wouldn't be privy to fish diseases, what kind of corals have you tried versus what kind of light are you running? Do you have your heater on a temp controller?

zenfish

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you wish for good advice you should start keeping a log of your levels, plus list your tank down to the specific equipment you keep, the fish you kept before they died, filtration, maintenance schedule, etc etc.

Basically there isn't enough info in this post to give you any answers or any advice.

Seek the help of your local LFS, if you trust their expertise.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: