Need light schedule advice Photon 24

filipino

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Guys I need help / advice using this Photon 24 from reefbreeder. I try to use / follow the suggested schedule they have but its confusing. the channel on their website has up to CH1-CH6 but the one I have is only CH1-CH2. Anyone using the same lights and can you share me some tips of your schedule. I would really appreciate it. BTW, I using the mounting legs that comes with it since I don't have any option hanging them on the wall or the ceiling. thank you in advance

Petvit61

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I have a reefbreeder photon 48 in. If you've just upgraded your lighting you definitely don't want to use their recommended settings, as they have you ramp right up to 100% I believe. It's best to use your judgement in how the tank looks and how your corals react. Start slowly at first, maxing out around 50% for your peak and then you can adjust as some time goes on. I upgraded from a 26 to a 90 and have a mixed reef that is doing well with the reefbreeders maxing at 90 blue 60 white for a short time during my lighting cycle (ramps up to those numbers in the AM and down away during PM). Enjoy the lights! They work well.

filipino

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Thank you so much Petvit16. Right now the max i have is 40% blue and 30% light for 4 hours and the remaining light time is blue only. At the end of the day i look like the glass has brown on it. Anyway, i really appriciate your info and advice.