TimberTDI

Recovering Lurker
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Like I said before just use two buckets or rubbermaids for water. At least if you have to move them around it's not a hassle. You ever try to move a 10 gallon tank full of water? Also you should always have some saltwater ready on standby, in case of an emergency (5 gallons for your tank should be OK) and you want to have top off water handy too.

My tap water PH is 7.0 and not sure the PH will change after going through the R.O unit.
I know some chemicals can alter the PH such as PH ups etc. but normally I dont like to use them...
Once you add the salt, your PH, Ca, Alk etc will go up.
You see what we mean about how you go off topic.:tongue1:

32Bit_Fish

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Ok thanks Timber. I see what you mean by off the topic.

Sorry about that. sometimes questions just pop right up on me while I'm replying to one exist thread. so it's easy just to write it up.

TimberTDI

Recovering Lurker
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Just a heads up.

Look into getting a float valve for your Ro.di unit.
http://www.marinedepot.com/md_viewItem.asp?idproduct=KM1675
KM1675.jpg

This will save you many many headaches. I think 90% of us have flooded our houses because we forgot about the Ro filling up. This valve will work as long as you an automatic shut off valve on the RO unit you bought.
SP5131.jpg

Valve looks like the square plastic thing above.

Steven

32Bit_Fish

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Just a heads up.

Look into getting a float valve for your Ro.di unit.
http://www.marinedepot.com/md_viewItem.asp?idproduct=KM1675
KM1675.jpg

This will save you many many headaches. I think 90% of us have flooded our houses because we forgot about the Ro filling up. This valve will work as long as you an automatic shut off valve on the RO unit you bought.
SP5131.jpg

Valve looks like the square plastic thing above.

Steven

I have a 110g/day unit and not sure how long does it take to fill up my 5g bucket...

or maybe I need to visit ebay again.

Thanks for reminding me that...

digitalreefer

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Just a heads up.
Steven

Very good idea! I have a pretty big sink so I just put a 5g bottle into the sink and if it overflows it goes down the drain. Either way... you WILL forget about the RO, so use some sort of method to avoid this.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: