Bio14guy

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Hey So all of a sudden my tangs both have this white spot on them. Naso has it on 2 fins and Yellow tang has it on his mouth. Any ideas of what it could be and how to weather it.

Thanks

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-01-22 at 8.08.19 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2017-01-22 at 8.08.19 PM.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 397

Dre

Rating - 100%
243   0   0
I don't think you have to set up a quarantine tank. These tangs are tough and you would have to quarantine all the inhabits for up to a month or more. Keep the tangs well feed in clean stable water temperature at about 78 degrees. Start now by giving them some sea veg.

Bio14guy

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Ok, Sounds good. I have put some in already the yellow tang seems to be eating fine but the Naso Has not really been eating so well. :(. Either way Im going to setup a QT tank this upcoming week.

Dre

Rating - 100%
243   0   0
Quarantine will stress them out even more at this time. Feed them well and do some water changes. If you decide to quarantine, you'll have to quarantine all the fish

Last edited:

reefiness

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
I agree that at this point QT may not be the best option. Especially if you dont have a fish trap to make capture of the fish quick and easy.

If you do plan on setting getting additional fish in the future, a QT may be a good idea to set up now. I think its more important to keep a new fish to get it to eat, and get it back up to full health before adding to the rest of your tank. At this point you have ich in your DT as most people have, its just a matter of keeping the fish healthy and the immune systems working optimally to prevent an outbreak and possible loss of livestock.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you have ich in your system I have found that the best solution is to put a few drops of Garlic Xtreme by Kent in the food. The garlic will entice them to eat and strengthen their immune systems thereby allowing them to beat the ich. In my experience this has worked 100% of the time. I never setup QT tanks and had the same 3 tangs for about 8 years. You could additionally get garlic infused algae sheets for them as well. Cleaner shrimp will also help.

zenfish

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lymph & ich, very different. The garlic is a nice idea. If you can catch, the fish you could also do a FW dip.

in any case, beef em up and they'll fight it off.

how did they get i in the first place? new fish intro?

Bio14guy

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Well It seems that my cleaner shrimp has been doing some work on him. The spots are almost gone but he has been in my tank for about 2 weeks now and won't eat anything....

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: