Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys went with a 32 gal biocube live rock and sand got water from my local pet shop to speed up the process gonna let it go for a week then add a couple of fish any suggestions on temp and what type of fish ?

Attachments

• IMG_0305.jpg
    IMG_0305.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 263
  • IMG_0306.jpg
    IMG_0306.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 250

theMeat

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
How does that speed the process?

Have to watch your cycle. First ammonia spike, then nitrite spike, then nitrate spike. Then 10-15% water change, then ready for coral or fish.

Do you have skimmer running? Running lights? Fuge? are you feeding tank as if it has livestock?

Last edited:
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How does that speed the process?

Have to watch your cycle. First ammonia spike, then nitrite spike, then nitrate spike. Then 10-15% water change, then ready for coral or fish.

Do you have skimmer running? Running lights? Fuge? are you feeding tank as if it has livestock?
No I don't have a skimmer running as of yet just got it up and running with the stock filter didn't make any mods to the tank

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeaa.. when i started my 32 i made the mistake of throwing dirty ol dry pukani in there.. ended up with a bacterial bloom and took over 2 months to cycle. lesson learned as i now have my rocks for the 93 sitting in a rubber bin

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heres a little before and after of the cycle. pretty much all you can see is how much color the rocks took in that time.

Attachments

• 32cube.jpg
    32cube.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 173
  • 32 biocube.jpg
    32 biocube.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 177

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: