Striped Burrfish - mass on fins - Reefs.com

Home  / Forums  / Global Forums  / Reefs for Beginners  /  Striped Burrfish - mass on fins
Striped Burrfish - mass on fins
04-12-2017, 11:04 AM
when it rains it pours...i have a large burrfish who has developed white lumps on 2 of his fins, they have grown rapidly over the last couple of days. He is still moving fine and eating great.

Parameters are in line.

Pic below (apologies for quality, he wouldn't stay still and i didnt want to pull him out and stress him). The lumps are puffy, foamy and dont appear to have destroyed the fin tissue yet.

I am wondering if I should use a broad spectrum anti-bacterial/fungal but obviously concerned about treating in display and torpedoing the bio filter. Alternative would be putting together a large QT.
Attached Thumbnails

The All Powerful OZ
04-12-2017, 11:23 AM
They're very common on puffer fish, I wouldn't worry about it too much and it should clear up in a short while. Just make sure the water quality is good.

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright before they speak.

Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by rulers as useful.

It is far easier to fool people than to show them that they've been fooled.

04-12-2017, 11:36 AM
sounds good, thank you!