guarda

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
88   0   0
Were you qt'ed properly? Try to stay calm and not scratch yourself too much.

Attachments

• IMG_1895.jpg
    IMG_1895.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 359

joereefer

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Were you qt'ed properly? Try to stay calm and not scratch yourself too much.

I dont really have a QT Tank. Everything was fine until I went to Pacific Aquarium in Delancy and picked up a Fiji Wrasse and 3 Bangaii Cardinal and thats when everything went downhill. I started losing Bangaii Cardinal one by one and i thought it was because it they werent eating. Now i get home after work and im seeing massive spots all over my 5 fishes. SMH

joereefer

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Seriously though, what fish? Params, tank size. Pics? There's already lots of info out there but I'm sure we can still help if we just had a little background info.

1 Darwin Clownfish
1 midnight clownfish
1 6 line wrasse
1 blenny bi color
1 fiji wrasse

36 gallon all in one tank

im running biopellets, protein skimmer, Purigin and chemiblue!

guarda

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
88   0   0
For the future, you can use a 5 gallon bucket as a qt for a few small fish if you really don't have the space for a dedicated qt tank. Well now you're forced to set one up for all of them, sorry. Not the end of the world. Lots of good tutorials out there.

Rookie2reef

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
247   0   0
I would ride it out dip food in garlic and make sure fish are eating and in my opinion any other fish you put in there will probably get bullied by six line wrasse, I think theree aggressive and when I had one I couldn't put anything in tank he's probably stressed out other fish when you put them in.

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Really a crappy position to be in, and unfortunately most of us have been there. Battled ich a few months back after picking up a pair of bangai cardinals. They died within 48 hours and unfortunately infected my 6 line, ocellaris and ywg.

I treated with Sicce Hypercure...but honestly dont think it had any effect.

I fed pellets with garlic and luckily they were strong enough to fight it off and survive.

If getting them out of there and into a QT tank or pail to treat with copper is an option id do it.

Best of luck!!

theMeat

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
The only way to rid your tank of ich is to do copper, hypo, or leave tank fallow for 10 weeks while your fish are treated in another tank.

You could keep tank as healthy as possible, feed well, and hope for the best.

Filter sock, uv, or diatom filter can help control ich population, but is not a cure.

Kick ich, or any other reef safe so called cures are a waste of money.

da2145r

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
I was in the same position as u conflicted wether to run the tank fallow or ride it out I chose to ride it out soaked mysis with selcon and garlic and that really made a difference I lost a few fish but now got a uv sterilizer and still soak the food to ensure the fishes immune system stays strong good luck man parasites suck but we all deal with them try not to stress out the fish to much by putting ur hand in the tank or stuff like that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: