Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So i am on day 5 of my cycle and yesterday is when i noticed my ammonia tests were turning blue?? I did a water change, about 20% and left it for the night and tried again today only to be greeted with another test being blue. Anyone have ANY idea of what is going on??

Photo of test
https://i.imgur.com/FCIlya5.jpg

PS I am not using the wrong reagent I have tried this 3 times in a row WITH the ammonia solutions

Last edited:

reefer4eva

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
282   0   0
I know it's a few months old but I'd figure let me comment anyway:
I started my 60 gallon with an aqua scape made from ceramic so my cycle took me a few months as I didn't have any live rock.with you saying that its day 5 and you still don't have any positive results means to me your expecting your tank to fully cycle in a week..secondly you need to have patients with this hobby and yes I know it's hard to do (as you stare at a bunch of rocks in water)Imy tank took 4 months to completely cycle.FYI get rid of the API test kit as they aren't accurate..get yourself some salifert test kits(I know they are more money but this hobby isn't cheap but (1) it's worth the wait(2) it's very rewarding when you finally achieve the goal of owning a saltwater reef tank

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: