Jaydontlag_

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 92.9%
13   1   0
So my 29 gallon biocube is cycling at the moment and there has been an ammonia spike so far. Its now the 5th week and my nitrites have still been high for the past 3 weeks. How long does it typically last for elevated nitrites?

rwells

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
233   0   0
I would stop feeding until nitrites/nitrate drop, these 2 do take longer time to process. When cycling my tank I did look into special blend but you would have to use more than one of their product which takes around 6 weeks to cycle and most important follow the bottle direction. You can wait it out or try Dr. Tim's.
I would do a water change and buy a small bottle of Dr. Tim's one and only nitrifying bacteria and use the complete bottle. If you cycling fish-less less you will need to purchase ammonia as well. I use this product twice in the past to cycle my tank and each time tank was cycle in a week.

Jaydontlag_

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 92.9%
13   1   0
I would stop feeding until nitrites/nitrate drop, these 2 do take longer time to process. When cycling my tank I did look into special blend but you would have to use more than one of their product which takes around 6 weeks to cycle and most important follow the bottle direction. You can wait it out or try Dr. Tim's.
I would do a water change and buy a small bottle of Dr. Tim's one and only nitrifying bacteria and use the complete bottle. If you cycling fish-less less you will need to purchase ammonia as well. I use this product twice in the past to cycle my tank and each time tank was cycle in a week.

Thanks for the advice. I think I?m going to wait it out another week or two to see what happens. Then I?ll try that method if it doesn?t work.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: