jkidd155

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
so im setting up a red sea reefer 750xxl this will be a sps dominant tank im thiking calcium reactor but the upfront cost as far as equipment is way more than i expected my question would be is can i get away with 2 part instead

pecan2phat

Professional Commuter
Rating - 100%
85   0   0
Both have their cost, CaRx IMO is more stable but 2-part results in slightly better colors.
For reference when I was recently running a 180g SPS dominant tank, the 2-part use was at 1g each every 28 days. I was using ESV which is more concentrated than BRS dry so you can figure out the rough cost based on retail prices.
Some of the cons when you use that much 2-part is that your salinity rises and you have to keep an eye on that. One of the Pros is that I thought it gave great colors vs my past use of CaRx and also didn't need to dose Mg as much vs a CaRx.

jkidd155

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
TANK IS NOT SET UP SO STILL 50/50 ON WHICH TO USE I WAS REALLY GOIN TOWARDS THE CALCIUM REACTOR BUT IM CONCERNED ABOUT THE CO2 TANK IVE READ IF ITS TO HOT IT CAN EXPLODE IT GETS REALLY HOT IN MY APARTMENT IVE NEVER USED A HEATER IN MY TANK DUE TO THIS

jkidd155

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Read a article online a couple of weeks ago don’t remember by who but he stated under extreme heat the co2 tank can burst it gets real hot in my home I don’t always had a heater in my tank but don’t use it because the heat in my apartment is more than sufficient

Ziggy

PADI Instructor
Rating - 100%
102   0   0
Bro in case of Fire possible but not at 150 degrees heat.
First of all C02 it’s not explosive gas. I have seen exploded scuba tank fill to 3000psi being in fire. So if you want to see this tank exploding you have to make pretty good fire! Lol

Czynot

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
If your tank is new with Low demands. You can can dose until your tank requires 100.00 month of 2parts than you may want to look into calcium reactor. It take time to dial in a cal reactor. Not everyone have the patience to do it.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: