D

DEEPWATER

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Nice meeting you Paul

Love the aquascaping ,looks awesome!! I would stay away for the dr foster as you have no clue on what you are getting when you order ,Only good thing is they have a great return policy . Youre on the right track with your tank and its looks great .

Not sure if that an anemone on the right top corner ,if so just watch it doesnt go in the PH .

Happy hoildays

Ronen

fritz

OG of this here reef game
Rating - 95.9%
47   2   0
I would take those educators off, they are designed for pressure rated pumps that push SERIOUS volumes of water. They work very well on LARGE tanks. Your tank (from the pic) didn't look like an appropriate sized to have educators. Without the proper pump they don't work, like s "sonic boom" there is a sweet spot that must be exceeded in order for them to function. At 480 GPH you are quite far from that sweet spot.

D

DEEPWATER

Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Ronen they look like GSP.

Tank looks nice. Good luck.
attachment.php

your other right corner :smash: :biggrin:

Paul101

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the comments. The attention is gratifying and will inspire me to post more pictures. The anemone in the upper right hand corner behind the small powerhead is indeed the background. Regarding the eductors, I've tried it with and without and it's true they probably do not have the four or six times multiplier effect reported by Delbeek and Sprung but with them and the opposing Vortech moved out into the open I get enough flow to knock some polyps free. If all goes well the flow will be upped after the summer when I try SPS. My question is should I install a Sea Swirl for the return? The rock is 90 lbs. of Marshall Island from Blue Zoo Aquatic and 30 lbs. of Lalo rock from Live Aquaria all uncured and boy did it smell.

melbourne

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Hi

Looks good. How much flow are you running through your returns? The seaswirl would be ok a pair of Nano Tunzes or 6000's on a 7095 even better. What is that pipe on the upper left hand side of your tank it almost looks like a HOB fuge or something. Love the tangs also.

-Mike

I haven't checked lately did Vortech ever come out with a controller?

B

bgoldwyn

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
im new to this sooo..
do you normally keep yur lights off when yu buy new coral?????

Paul101

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm running nominal 480GPH of return flow before allowing for loss. I wanted to keep it low, 3 or 4 times an hour system turnover, because I have a refurium in the sump. I chose Vortech over Tunze to keep the motor heat out of the water. They have not yet come out with the new driver but that might solve problem of constant flow. I do have an HOB refugium, and yes I do turn the lights out for a day for new corals.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: