John R. Allen

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys.
This is my fitrst post on this board although I've been lurking for a while.
I have about 3yrs experince with a 37 gallon semi reef set up..and about to take the plunge....
Well getting closer to putting together my 155 bow front. Checking out some skimmers. Anyone know anything about Turbo Floater Aquamedic 1000 (in sump) or the Turbo Floater Aquameidc Multi (external) ? They're both the same unit basically,one's internal,the other external. I would use the external hangin off the sump,not the main tank for sure. Any experience. I've seen both in action at LFS. They are new and seem to be working fine for their applications. I intend to have live sand,live rock, some soft corals(mushrooms,polyps) and fish. So I guess you could say pseudo reef. Any suggestions?
Thanks
John

AF Founder

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by John R. Allen:
<strong>Hi guys.
This is my fitrst post on this board although I've been lurking for a while.
I have about 3yrs experince with a 37 gallon semi reef set up..and about to take the plunge....
Well getting closer to putting together my 155 bow front. Checking out some skimmers. Anyone know anything about Turbo Floater Aquamedic 1000 (in sump) or the Turbo Floater Aquameidc Multi (external) ? They're both the same unit basically,one's internal,the other external. I would use the external hangin off the sump,not the main tank for sure. Any experience. I've seen both in action at LFS. They are new and seem to be working fine for their applications. I intend to have live sand,live rock, some soft corals(mushrooms,polyps) and fish. So I guess you could say pseudo reef. Any suggestions?
Thanks
John</strong><hr></blockquote>

John,

I think both of the mentioned skimmers would work for you. However, it's really hard to answer your question without additional informtion. If you intend to have a lot of well fed fish it is important to get the most efficient skimmer you can fit and afford. If you don't the nutrient levels in your tank will likely build up to a level that is toxic to the invertebrates you also want to keep, as well as fueling unwanted algae growth.

tagamet

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I use a tfa in sump 1000 and it does a fine job for me. Very little "tuning" - one night_ and consistent crap pumped out in a nice dry foam every day. Every 10 days to 2 weeks I give it a break for a few days and, by thenI must be approaching because the corals actually perk up slightly. I have a 120 reef, with a high average bioload. I do feed very sparingly, but other than emptyong the collection cup as it fills, is all the maintanence it requires. I shut it off about once every 10 days and if the corals perk up a tad, I leave it off for a couple of days. Just my experience. Hope it helps.
Larry

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: