AF Founder

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by PetterB:
<strong>I have low KH and high Ca how do i get KH up. Thanks for any help.</strong><hr></blockquote>

You can use baking soda, a commercial buffer, and best of all -- short of a calcium reactor -- is to use one of the two part solutions from companies like ESV or Two Little Fishies. The last two will give you a long term solution.

[ March 26, 2002: Message edited by: Advanced Aquarist, Editor ]

[ March 27, 2002: Message edited by: Advanced Aquarist, Editor ]</p>

rockdiver

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the B-Ionic stuff would I only use the first part?? I have the same problem as Petterb
thanks
diver

AF Founder

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by rockdiver:
<strong>I have the B-Ionic stuff would I only use the first part?? I have the same problem as Petterb
thanks
diver</strong><hr></blockquote>

Yes, use the buffer part until you reach the alkalinity level you want, then return to the two parts to maintain both alkalinity and calcium levels. Or, if you use the two part additive correctly, it will slowly bring you back to the correct balance.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: