anthonyhicks101

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, I am new to this forum, or any online forum for reefs, though not new to forums in general or reefs in general. Here is my situation....... I have 2 DAS tanks, 75 and a 55, both fully setup with Marshall rock and had them going for about 5 years. For the last 2, they have sat "still", I. E. no lights, no pumps running, water slowly evaporating to the point of being about 2/3's full still. There were a few reasons that I neglected these tanks, one of which was the glass was starting to get scratched to the point that it just did not look clear anymore, no matter how well clean it was kept. I am looking at getting a new 75 DAS and combining the contents of the 2 into the new one. MY main question I would very much appreciate having opinions on is, is this "live rock" any good for anything other than decor, or can it sustain life again. Or could there possibly be life still in it? Again, any opinions will be appreciated and hopefully I will soon again have a reef up and running and possibly be able to help with any questions others may have that I might be knowledgeable of.

danmhippo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pretty much everything in your tank can be reused if they were thoroughly cleaned. LR was once harvested out of the seabed among muddy rubbles. You should take yours out and hose and scrub them. Your LR will comes back to life if you can get a couple more fresh LR to seed yours.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: