Richison

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all,

New to the board and thought I would start off by asking a fairly newbie question. I currently have a 100 gal tank and I'm having issues with algae. (3 diff types) The consensus on this board is that a RO/DI system is the best place to start. I'm not sure what I should be looking for in a system. My tank looses about 1 gal of water a day, give or take. How big do I need, i.e. GPD? What features do I need? Any suggestions would be great!

Thanks in advance for your help!

Len

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
rdo_welcome.gif

To be honest, most RO/DI's are built about the same. The one thing you should be looking for is a TFC membrane (as opposed to a CTA). I would recommend a 50 to 75gpd unit as it'll make water changes a whole lot easier/faster for a 100 gallon.

Richison

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What exactly does GPD mean, not the acronym definition of Gallons Per Day, but what does that mean to me?

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It just tells you how much water can you expect to be produced from runing the filter all day.

eums

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i picked up a 6 stage ro/di for 90 $ total cost. the paper work says its 85 gpd. look on e-bay for one, there are deals to be had.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like that's a very good deal you got there, enum. any info on the item besides GPD?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: