scunfcu

Reefer
Rating - 100%
142   0   0
I am debating if I need to go with Metal lighting ( Sunpod 70w HQI ) for my nano cube 12g, which is currently running orignal 24watts only. Or go with a new 10 Gallon AGA with Coralife 96 Watts power compact lighting.

I have candy cane, zoos, blasto, ricordea, star and clove polyps and xenia so far in it for about 2 months. May consider doing soft corals, but no plans for SPS or hard coral.

Guess my question is which lighting ( MH or PC ) will give me best coloring and best for my corals. The depth of my nano is only 13 inch tall, so depth is not really issue.

zeroedge

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm partial to metal halide, so I'm gonna tell you to get the MH. If you're gonna get the Sunpod, spend the extra $20 and get the 150w.

However, you will be just fine with the PC's. But if you're going to spend the money, why limit yourself?

Rating - 100%
52   0   0
if you don't have any plans for sps and hard coral, then i'd think twice about it. how do your soft corals look now? if they look healthy and colorful, thats a good thing. in a small tank like that i'd watch out for bleaching and heat issues.

good luck!

scunfcu

Reefer
Rating - 100%
142   0   0
No soft corals yet, but will get them as ugrading later. Yes, I decide that I want to do sps also. So the 70W HQI may bleach my corals because of the short depth or length of exposure? I will place lower lighting corals at bottom.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: