mr_X

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i don't mean that the granules are stuck together. i mean that each individual granule is dark brown/blackish with some coralline on it even.

Joew

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Compaction is bad...I had it in my 90g, i had all sugar fine in it. Some people will mix sugar fine 0.2-1.2 mm with a larger size say in the 1-4mm grain size range. Haven't done it myself but some say it works.

Regards,
:P

namwodahs

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had a 55g tank with CC for about a year now and I've had high nitrate problems nearly the entire time. I bought the entire tank setup from someone so the CC had already been in use for some time. I've been considering changing it out for a live sand bed, but I'm unsure how to go about this without completely disrupting my entire system. Does anyone have advice on how to switch from CC to sand?

Thanks,
Jason

mr_X

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i believe the only way is to disrupt your entire system. put your livestock in a stable holding tank maybe. :?

namwodahs

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would replacing the sandbed require a recycling of the tank or will the bacteria from my live rock and filtration get it going pretty quickly again?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: