ERAKERS

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need more instruction on how to start my copepod culture that I bought yesterday. I purchased the DT's Live marine copepod from my local aquarium store yesterday along with the food needed, but I don't know where to go from here. I know I need to split up the culture to have two going but I don't know how to do it, what to look for, and how long I wait to harvest them? Please help. I'm planning on purchasing a Mandarin to replace my scooter in the next couple of weeks and I want to make sure that good enough food supply for him.

ReefFan

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
Speaking of copepods.. today I noticed my larger type water bugs I guess. I always had tiny copes, skittering across the glass. But now that my water has stabilized and phosphates have dropped, the water is crystal clear and as I stare closely at the rock theres all kinds of transluscent bugs with legs and antennas n stuff crawling all over. I'm guessing these little guys are good to have in a reef tank. Of course theyd be a food source for this fish or that but perhaps they also help to maintian the rock?

I finally have coraline algae noticeably growing all over. Also I notice more and more lifeforms appearing, things i never noticed before. This is the fun part of reef building I was hoping for. I am indeed enjoying this hobby now :P Maybe its time to add some corals and other odd growths :P

Thanks for all the advice here folks..

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: