aquaman89

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi every one, i have just recently decided to restock my tank after losiong everything but my good old clown fish in a power outage, anyway i went down to my LFS with a few fish in mind, namely a bicolor pseudochromis to replace my old one, and a nice healthy flame angel, also i i picked up a shrimp and one more fish to make it a total of 4 for rather small fish for my 30 gallon tank, well i got the bicolor, which made me happy but i have to order the flame angel, so while i was there i picked up a skunk stripe shrimp as well as this cute little fish called a fiji devil damsel, the littel devil was all shy in his holding tank and very pretty so i bought him after repeatedly asking if he would mess with my pseudochromis, the owner told me that they are aggressive but not to bad, so i get everything home and aclimate it, and i know that damsels can be aggressive to new fish so i added the shrimp and the bicolor and the damsel all at once, well the chromis hid as well as the shrimp, the devil hid for about 10 seconds, then he went from Dr. jeckle to Mr. Hyde!!! he checked out every crevis in the rock then proceded to beat the crap out of my chromis!!! he keeps looking for my poor chromis were ever he hides, the chromis has fought back and taken a few nips out of the devils tail but that hasnt detered him, he wont let my chromis out of his hiding spot, the devil wont mess with the clown, he looked sideways at my clown once and got shown who is boss real quick, but he is beating up my chromis, i dont want to get rid of eather of them but may have to, i was just wondering if this fighting will settle down or if they will continue until my chromis is dead. its been only two days since i got them, also i was wondering if any body knows if i can keep a flame angel with eather of them. pleas help me!!!!!!!

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
:( sorry, but that is the nature of the damsel, especially in a small tank like that. I'd seriously think of returning it as I know of no way to change that behavior and it'll harass the chomis to death.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've gotta put bells on what Lawdawg says. A single for a tank that size ONLY, even mild-mannered chromis. Get it out or be ready to watch the chromis give up the ghost.

Barbless hooks, net left in the tank with food, a magical wine carafe--all methods known to work for getting it out without tearing the tank apart.

aquaman89

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks for the advice, but the the tank has seemed to settle down now, the chromis put the little devil in its place and they all seem kinda ok now, my only concern is in the power struggle that took place in the two days i had to leave for work, the devil took quit a beating up, he is missing some scales and most of his pectoral fin on his left side, he seemes healthy but i was wondering if there was anything i needed to watch out for, infection, ect. also will the fin and scales grow back?

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, watch for infection. Fresh foods should help him heal up quickly.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: