kokid

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi - while performing a partial water change to my 6-gallon tank, I forgot to unplug my water heater, so it cracked when exposed to the air. I did not realize this until 3 hrs later. When I realized it, there was a smoky, electrical smell in the water and the coral that I had looked "limp" and not vibrant. I went to my local fish store and they told me everything would be fine. that my filtration system (carbon filter) would filter the odor out and that the coral is sensitive and that it would look limp on any partial water changes due to stress. He told me to give the coral 2-3 days to pep up again. Is all this true and how will I know if the coral is dead and not just "limp"? THANKS!

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't a clue, I guess that time will tell. Hope everything is okay.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
kokid":135ddzcm said:
Hi - while performing a partial water change to my 6-gallon tank, I forgot to unplug my water heater, so it cracked when exposed to the air. I did not realize this until 3 hrs later. When I realized it, there was a smoky, electrical smell in the water and the coral that I had looked "limp" and not vibrant. I went to my local fish store and they told me everything would be fine. that my filtration system (carbon filter) would filter the odor out and that the coral is sensitive and that it would look limp on any partial water changes due to stress. He told me to give the coral 2-3 days to pep up again. Is all this true and how will I know if the coral is dead and not just "limp"? THANKS!
When it begins to decay. You're lucky you didn't pull some nice juice yourself, I've been shocked pretty badly by broken water heaters.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: