Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I made some really nice pieces of rock this past thurs-sat. Lots of nice caves made with gloves and TP rolls. lol my question is, after ive got them out of the sand and the sand washed off, when should i start soaking them in water. and is it saltwater? do the rocks need to cure a bit longer? any advice would be appreciated.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
AshevilleReefer":7ok2j9el said:
So I made some really nice pieces of rock this past thurs-sat. Lots of nice caves made with gloves and TP rolls. lol my question is, after ive got them out of the sand and the sand washed off, when should i start soaking them in water. and is it saltwater? do the rocks need to cure a bit longer? any advice would be appreciated.

Not an expert here but if you are talking about curing the concrete that would be freshwater.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
AshevilleReefer":2spgxqd2 said:
But how long before i put it into the freshwater?

again not an expert here but from what I have read as soon as it has "hardened" up and is solid, you keep it underdwater. Concrete actually hardens by absorbing water in a chemcial reaction called hydration. I think you change the water every so often and it has curred when ph drops down. pH will be high (8+) while hydration is happening.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool thx. I just dropped them in the freshwater today. I've got an electric ph meter coming and I'll start checking then. Anyone know anyrhing about those $20 ph testers they sell on ebay?

tgfrench

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I usually let my rock soak for a couple of months in tubs, where i change out the water every week. But again, Once you get the ph below 8 they should be good to go.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: