Goby Angyl

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The feather duster/tube worm is one of those really big ones with a tube almost as thick as your finger.

There is no way this is some egg case or poop, I know what poop looks like and this thing has a head and a tail end and looks like a tiny baby caterpillar. And I saw it come out of the feather duster.

And I Just Saw It Moving!

What do I do with it!?

It's in a safe place for the moment. I scooped it into a container and floated the container to keep the water from changing temperature. Then boiled some marine clam shells to remove any residues/contaminants and the tiny worm is now laying in one of the shells in a net breeder. There are no fish, but there's hermit crabs, snails, a peppermint shrimp and loads of micro brittle stars and the little sea fleas and way they were all just gnawing on thawed brine shrimp I just know that little guy wouldn't have had a chance.

I never squished it with tweezers or anything stupid like that, I was very careful to never apply pressure on it, but I am not going to disturb it any further until I know what it needs.

The big guy has his tube attached to a scallop shell, hence why it's laying in a clam shell. I don't know how long it'll be before it starts clinging to whatever surface it is lying on. Or does it go through some stage first where it's just sifting through sand and eating things? Should I lay it on some sand or something? The big one has the lower half of its shell made of shell gravel. Should I place a container of the stuff in the net breeder with a layer of shells across the bottom so it'll attach to one of the shells instead of the bottom of the container? 8O

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: