shavo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all, I have been out of the hobby for a little bit but soon will be ressurrected and start a new build. I bought a new house and have a space issue so it won't be as large as I wanted so I will be going with a 93 gallon cube tank, 30X30X24. My question is what would be a good suggestion for a tang that won't outgrow the tank, be mild in temperment and something that looks neat as well.

Any Suggestions?

thank you!

Shavo

Mike612

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A Kole Tang may work. It stays smaller than other tangs and it's usually more peaceful than other tangs. You should still make sure it's the last fish you add to the aquarium though. All tangs will become territorial towards newcomers.

shavo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks I was leaning towards a kole or maybe a scopas or a yellow, thanks just thought there might be something different i didn't think of thanks again!

Mike612

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Yellow and Scopas Tangs can be pretty nasty. Between those three, I'd say that the Kole Tang is your best choice.

shavo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i've had success with the scopas and only displays with same body features like the yellows, never had a kole though. found in my expirience that it kinda all depends on the fish itself. they have general similiar traits but life is like a box of chocolates- you never know what you're gonna get.

mean kole tang video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AB2G6tSl2t8

Mike612

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Chevron's get bigger than the other species we've mentioned. They're beautiful as juveniles but lose their colors as they age. I don't have any personal experience with them, but I would think that they might require a bigger aquarium.

I don't know Chevrons well enough to give you info on them.

shavo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah read the same thing, they sell them as juviniles for the colors but require a larger tank as they grow. they look cool but i want something that i can house for a long time. back to kole, yellow or scopas or possibly a mimic tang

thanks for the help chief.

shavo out!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: