bfernandez19

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Guys,

Hello all! My name is Benny from Flushing Queens. First of I wanted to say, Kevin315 referred me to this site so thank you. We meet in Reef2Reef while I was considering in breaking down, shutting down or downgrading my reef tank and he had convinced me to keep what I have. As far as dry goods and setup, I have an Aqueon 40 Gallon Breeder. One inch drilled with an eshopp overflow box on the left and three quarter inch for the return on right. Plumbed with a Home Depot PVCs, ball valve and unions below I have a 30 Gallon ProClear Aquatic System Sump that has 5 chambers. From left to right I have Red Octo Protein Skimmer 110 Classic Space Saver with American Marine pH Monitor and Probe plus 2 eHeim heaters on first chamber. Second chamber I have a piece of small media block and another big media block on the 3rd chamber with the chaeto plant above it a JBJ Nano Led Light hanging on top for the lighting. 4th Chamber I have filter sponge and Red Octo VarioS-4 with DC Return Pump on the fifth last chamber with the temp probe high low. Do I need anything else?

As far as wet pets, fishes I have two randall's anthias (one pink one orange), crescent tail wrasse, midas blenny, blue royal hippo tang, blue dragonet mandarin, gold band maroon clownfish and white band maroon clownfish. Do I need more or less? I am considering swapping out the anthias and wrasse but i'm not sure to what. I'm not really a big fan of anthias cause they tend to hide a lot with you come close. No sand yet but a live rocks been sitting for over a year. Corals, I have sold much and down to fifteen and under. a couple of sps, lps, zoas and softies. I will post photos in a bit. A 3 AI Prime 16 HD is being used to shine light from 9AM to 8PM having ramp peak between 10AM - 1PM on an intensity of 40% UV, 80 % Blues and 20% whites. Kindly share for better lighting schedule if you may.

Not much else to say other than, i do a weekly religious water change of 5 gallon red sea blue bucket recently. Previously I was using Instant Ocean Reef Crystal. I swapped to the blue thinking my pH would level up to 8.3 but no changes from instant to blue. I tried putting a oxygen pump in one of the chambers but still no luck on having the pH raised. So i do without. My water ranges are always in between my pars. dKH 8.5-9, S.G 1.025, Temp 77.1-78.5, No3 5-10ppm and Po4 .05-.15. No issues for a year. I do dose Kalkwasser every now and then and sometime dose dKH pending when reading drop.

Ending the note, I really do not know what else to do than those above. I am looking to replace what I sold as far as corals goes, I am looking for some euphyllias and acan at the moment. Jumping into this hobby with researching ahead keeps my brain questioning, what else am i missing? what else do i need? am i running enough? An advice from anyone and everyone would be really helpful.

Thank you so much for your time!

Happy Reefing,
Benny

Attachments

• IMG_2499.JPG
    IMG_2499.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 65
  • IMG_E2540.JPG
    IMG_E2540.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 63
  • IMG_E2541.JPG
    IMG_E2541.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 53
  • IMG_E2542.JPG
    IMG_E2542.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 54
  • IMG_E2543.JPG
    IMG_E2543.JPG
    338 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_E2544.JPG
    IMG_E2544.JPG
    348.3 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_E2546.JPG
    IMG_E2546.JPG
    906 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_E2547.JPG
    IMG_E2547.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 49
  • IMG_E2548.JPG
    IMG_E2548.JPG
    588.5 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_E2549.JPG
    IMG_E2549.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 63

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: