IlLupoDelMare

Active Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hey reefers, so I have an issue that may not be an issue. I have a 46 gal tank that has a few fish and corals but I feel like my corals aren’t doing well and I just want to know if there’s anything that I can do. I have a few toadstool leathers that aren’t showing any color. One of them has very pale green while the others are completely brown. They’ve been like this for about a week now. I know my phosphates are a bit high so I’m using phosguard and testing my water parameters almost every day but I just want to know if I’m missing something. I have a small zoanthid garden, clove polyps, GSP, and some mushrooms that are doing well and seemingly growing normally but the leathers look dull. I put a single drop of lugol’s solution a few days ago as per my dad’s instruction. I have a feeling I’m overthinking it and I just need to wait but I’d like to check with the online community.

My setup:
Light: Current USA 24”-36” LED
Flow: Hydor Koralia 3G 1950GPH
(I have extra pumps but it is seemingly enough flow. Not quite sure)
Seachem Tidal 55 HOB filter running a small amount of Phosguard mixed with activated carbon and bio media
Eheim Heater hooked up to an ink bird temp controller
eshopps HOB skimmer (don’t remember which model. I can add a pic if needed)
3c185113389fab9653c604d03a916a51.jpg

1436f0e8f89f194afc1ae49f26bcee39.jpg

70bb0b54205063f0b6ea874052d29d9a.jpg

Blenny&Co.

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Give it sometime, leathers are some of the hardiest corals within the hobby, they will "likely" bounce back. Just keep an eye out for major issues like flesh decay or it going extremely soft.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: