Lushpan

Very Senior Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Hi, guys! I need your advise. I bought used AquaC Urchin skimmer with Rio 1400 pump couple weeks ago. I keep it in the sump. The problem is that the skimmer produces a lot of water (full cup every 2 hours) and I don't see any waste, the water is light green. Right now excess water just goes back in the sump through the drain ( I can't top off 2-3 gallons of water every day!). I tried to adjust cup level lower or higher, but it does nothing. Any opinion would be appreciated.

Last edited:

ZANYMASTER

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
410   0   0
I use the Urchin sump model and it does what it supposed to do.Nothing wrong with that model.Maybe it needs adjusting from the little white screw or you're using an expoxy or some foreign substance in the tank lately?Anything you can think of?

boardryder

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Sometimes I experience what you are saying. I think it's a mater of adjusting the container on top and what is going on with your tank parameters.

mluz

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
38   0   0
I'm not familiar with this particular skimmer, but sometimes the water level in the sump influences their ability to skim. Perhaps the water is too high. you may want to play around by using some egg crate or PVC pipe to lift it an inch or so at the time and see how it does.

luigisacs

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the remora pro and I think its similar. you have to adjust the collection cup higher. When its low its basically wet skim. The higher it is the dryer the skim is. I found a spot about 3/4 up that gives me the best skim

Lushpan

Very Senior Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
IMG_0970.jpg

IMG_0969.jpg

I replaced Rio 1400 pump with Rio 2100 and it seems to work better. But water in a collection cup is light green, not that dark nasty stuff I've seen on this site. And my tank water is not perfectly clear. Should I put bigger pump?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: