Acerone

Active Reefer
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
New tank Cycle... Update: First water test...

1 week old tank that I know needs to cycle for a few weeks... Do I still need to do weekly water changes? Or leave the tank alone for 3 or 4 weeks.

Last edited:

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
Leave it alone and let it cycle. Just keep testing every few days so you know where you are in your cycle.

In the meantime READ as much as you possibly can to learn even more!!

Do you have a pic of what you have set up. Perhaps you can tell us more about it? :)

marki24

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 99.1%
116   1   0
yes it can, but the more patient you are the better the success rate you will end up with. So stay patient. Mine is cycling now too in a few days it will hit the 2 weeks. I will wait another 1 or 2 weeks depending on the water parameters.

Acerone

Active Reefer
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I can wait but it's so hard....

I have fiber floss in the 2nd chamber.... Do I change it weekly during the cycle or leave it in.... I feel like I should be doing something.... LOL

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
Hooray!! Your cycle has begun stay patient, and you shall be patient. Continue reading buddy! I still do, and have been doing so for some 8 or 9 years.;) You never stop learning till the day you die...
Besides there is always something new being discovered or invented.

Best wishes for a successfull Reef......

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
Have you experienced any unwanted algae growth yet? Part of the cycle (not the ammonia cycle) of a new tank is algae blooms. When you start seeing the first signs of an algae bloom, add a clean up crew. It's a good way to get good healthy visible life into your tank without rushing things.

swimmer

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: