Dieselnyc09

Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hey guys i just bought a 55 gallon tank i wanna start up a reef tank what do i need to get started and how to go about getting the tank cycling? Any input will be greatly appreciated Thanks

D1J8Z

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
LR(live rock) and LS(live sand)= a started cycle and the best way to start ANY saltwater tank

Obviously you want to have your salt mixed in the water before you add them to the tank I like to keep my salt at 1.023

JJSBLM

Crazy Pico guy
Rating - 100%
63   0   0
Hey guys i just bought a 55 gallon tank i wanna start up a reef tank what do i need to get started and how to go about getting the tank cycling? Any input will be greatly appreciated Thanks

live sand, live rock. & a good filtration system. add in your rock, pour in sand. add your water, (check salinity) hook up filter, add a pinch of food & let it run for a couple of weeks.

while it's running with nothing it in READ READ READ & READ some more.

check levels weekly.

after about 3-4 weeks you might be able to add a cuc, but that all depends on your levels. generally nothing "living" can go into a new tank for atleast a month

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: