Hungriee

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
Its been 3 days since connecting the skimmer to my sump. At first I had an noise issue, which is solved but I noticed that I have a collection issue. Instead of collecting foam, I got cups of water in my Aquamedic Turboflotor. The skimmer isn't causing too many bubbles, but I do notice microbubbles in the sump but are slowly diffused through the baffles. However some are going into the tank. This isnt the biggest prob though. The issue is I have water in my collection cup; no foam? Is it too early? I have my control flow tabs at the max. If I slow it down; the cup is actually getting filled with water even faster HMM.. Im not sure whats wrong?

Hungriee

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
One week, still no foam :eek:

But no more skimmer noise, lots of micro bubbles in the skimmer, it seems like the skimmate is trying to rise up into the cup but its not. HMMM..

Hungriee

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
It was blocked, I cleaned it and now the skimmer has plenty of bubbles. Now the collection cup fills up quicker than ever. I empty a cup every 10-15 mins.

autoponicz

powered by MR
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
ok..now that your intake is not blocked....open your output valve to max and see if the water goes down and stops filling the cup....now let it sit for a few days to a week for it to stabilize and slowly adjust the water level in the sump higher...
good luck....show us some pics..

also looking at your other post...i was gonna ask if this skimmer is in the sump or external.....a consistant water level in the sump will make a difference in foam stability

Last edited:

Hungriee

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
ok..now that your intake is not blocked....open your output valve to max and see if the water goes down and stops filling the cup....now let it sit for a few days to a week for it to stabilize and slowly adjust the water level in the sump higher...
good luck....show us some pics..

also looking at your other post...i was gonna ask if this skimmer is in the sump or external.....a consistant water level in the sump will make a difference in foam stability

the skimmer is hang on. the pump is in the chamber.

I actually got it to stabilize today after fiddling all night witht the amt of air going into the tank with a air valve.

i collected half a cup today of yellow water, still no foam but htere a little bubbles at the sruface of the yellow ater in the cup.

kasha

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
the skimmer is hang on. the pump is in the chamber.

I actually got it to stabilize today after fiddling all night witht the amt of air going into the tank with a air valve.

i collected half a cup today of yellow water, still no foam but htere a little bubbles at the sruface of the yellow ater in the cup.

what is this air valve you have? can you send a pic?

thanks

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: