Glassman 1281

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just set up my 90 Gal. Its been fine looks great everthing looks good, My local fish store (wont name a name?) is telling me that my current lights are no way strong enough to get any good corals? I did a;lot of research and i thought i made the right decision? But he is telling me different. I dont want halides do to a chiller..... and another $2,000. for the entire setup... also he said that i should switch to all white bulbs for maximum out put??? I currently have 3 white 2 blue and 1 purple????? Any advice will be greatly appreciated.... Im going to post some pics in a few . Thanks all.....

Attachments

• DSC00712.JPG
    DSC00712.JPG
    122.5 KB · Views: 277
  • DSC00714.JPG
    DSC00714.JPG
    134.8 KB · Views: 278

Glassman 1281

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
u can name names fishtopia ? lol and what brand of t5 fixture do you have ? what brand of bulbs ? and what corals do you really want to keep

Its a retrofit SLR 6 x 54 watt got it from reefgeek They are ATI bulbs....I would like to keep whatever i can i know the hard corals are out but... Whatever......???

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
was i right on store and ill explain why, also that should be enough light if anything i would get 2 ice cap 660 ballast and over drive the bulbs i ran 6 t5 on my 50g breeder with ice cap ballast

Rating - 97.4%
74   2   0
While the pictures look very blue to me, 6x54 W T-5's should be plenty for most corals. What ballast are you using? If you can, upgrade to an Ice Cap electronic ballast which will safely overdrive the lamps and produce a significant increase in light output. I'd PM Ming. He runs a gorgeous full blown SPS system on T-5's.

Glassman 1281

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
was i right on store and ill explain why, also that should be enough light if anything i would get 2 ice cap 660 ballast and over drive the bulbs i ran 6 t5 on my 50g breeder with ice cap ballast

Yes it was ??? Should i get a 660 and a 430???? or 2 660?? Is it safe to do so with those ballasts, i herd of people doing that but didnt know if that was ok?????

Glassman 1281

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While the pictures look very blue to me, 6x54 W T-5's should be plenty for most corals. What ballast are you using? If you can, upgrade to an Ice Cap electronic ballast which will safely overdrive the lamps and produce a significant increase in light output. I'd PM Ming. He runs a gorgeous full blown SPS system on T-5's.

It really dosnt look that blue my camera sucks..... They are some german ballast that came with the setup??? im going to look into the ice caps Thanks for the quick reply.....

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
i myself liked the giesmann bulbs can run 3 of the 11k and 3 antic pluc turns out around a 14k color and yes with a 4 ft fixture 2 660, i never had a problem and i keep all type of sps clams lps and so on in my tank

Glassman 1281

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
update These are the bulbs i currently have now

2 ATI BLUE Plus 54W
1 ATI 12000K Aquablue special 54W
1 ATI PRO COLOR 54 W
1 ATI 10000K AQUASun 54W
1 ATI Superatinic 54W

Glassman 1281

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i myself liked the giesmann bulbs can run 3 of the 11k and 3 antic pluc turns out around a 14k color and yes with a 4 ft fixture 2 660, i never had a problem and i keep all type of sps clams lps and so on in my tank

ok Thanks this is my current bulbs

update These are the bulbs i currently have now

2 ATI BLUE Plus 54W
1 ATI 12000K Aquablue special 54W
1 ATI PRO COLOR 54 W
1 ATI 10000K AQUASun 54W
1 ATI Superatinic 54W

autoponicz