Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
Last edited:

meagheavz

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i caught mine at night without a trap.. i saw him once and i couldnt get him about a month later i saw him again couldnt get him the next night say him and just scouped him out.. so keep ur eye out at knioght

meschaefer

One to Ignore
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Similar to what NYPDFrogman suggested, I put a drinking glass in the tank leaned it up against the rock near a usual hang out for the crab and put some food in the bottom. The crab goes in to get the food, but can't climb out of the glass due to the smooth sides. It took two nights, the first night I caught a bunch of hermit crabs, the second night.. goodbye crab.

NYPDFrogman

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
get em out these guys can do some nasty stuff in a reef this guy ate a RBTA!

Attachments

• crab1.jpg
    crab1.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 181
  • crab2.jpg
    crab2.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 185

Will C

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
The tilted glass (16oz beer glass) method has also worked well for me, I used half of a raw shrimp and watched the sob climb in and boy-oh-boy he did not like getting stuck in the glass, off the the lfs and he was an appetizer for a nice sized trigger. He went form predator to prey.

johnmaloney

Advanced Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Get a plastic box (tupperware works if clean and no soap residue), and put food in the middle. Than place a ramp up to the box, (the lid from the tupperware would work). Position the trap near the crab, it can get in, but after it falls in for the food it will have trouble getting out.

I think this was mentioned, but I am trying to boost my post count. ;)

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: