dre82584

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
wat kind of skimmer should i use for my 40 gallon tank im bout to start a reef tank n e sugestions . nuttin to crazy in price though

ocholoco

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 99%
96   1   0
hey

when I had my 46 bow i used the coralife supper skimmer the one rated for 125 gallons and it did a great job, its a hang on or you can also put it in a fuge great and underrated skimmer and cheap.

cali_reef

Fish and Coral Killer
Rating - 97.3%
36   1   0
I always wanted to post this picture:

Remora.JPG

Killerdrgn

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
It could just grind up some shrimp. Leave them in water out of the refridgerator for a few days. then pour into your tank. No matter how high the neck of the skimmer is the thing will foam like crazy!

Killerdrgn

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
i guess you tried it huh??:eek:

Kinda just worked out that way. I make my own fish/coral food so I ground up fresh shrimp, silversides, clams, etc. mix with a bit of RODI and freeze em in ziplocs. and defrost before feeding. So I defrosted too big of a portion and just fed the little bit every day like I normally do. by the end of the week the skimmer was bubbling like crazy. took a sniff and was like oh..... damn the food went bad.

Bubbled bad enough that the stuff came out of the collection cup and onto the floor.

cali_reef

Fish and Coral Killer
Rating - 97.3%
36   1   0
It could just grind up some shrimp. Leave them in water out of the refridgerator for a few days. then pour into your tank. No matter how high the neck of the skimmer is the thing will foam like crazy!

I use Remora and AquaC HOB skimmers for my holding tanks or while curing new rocks I get. No additional additive used in that picture. :tub:

They work great as long as your tank is not larger than 45 gallon and not overstocked. Clean the pump and collection cup regularly is the key to good performance.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: