aznt1217

Forever Noob
Rating - 100%
191   0   0
Hello Everybody,

I have a quick question about the sump...

Do I need to put a light in my refugium (I don't need any more macroalgae)... and does the Liverock need light to keep it alive?

Right now I have it set up like this... (not sure about size of sump seems like 10-15 gallon).

photo-7.jpg

First Chamber has the EuroReef ES5-2 Skimmer in it with a Sedra 3500, 3 Pieces of LR (one is very big).

Second chamber is the fuge, it has a good 2-3 inches of sand and enough chaeto,calupera macroalgae to fill the whole thing up.

Third chamber is the return pump with chemi-pure elite wrapped in filter floss.

JLAudio

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
dude get a phos reactor and run chemipure and phosban in there together, have been doing that and its working great, I then use this to feed to my uv fir the ultimate water clarifyer. Another thing, i dont think the bulb your running on ur fuge light is correct. You need a 6500k PC bulb, its like 5$ from HD or raindew. WHen i had that sump and with chaeto it over grew the compartment in like 3 months like that, also chemipure should be put in a more direct flow for optimal effect. Put the attractive macro in you tank.

Just my opinion, your tank looks great

Last edited:

aznt1217

Forever Noob
Rating - 100%
191   0   0
What is that next to the skimmer?

A really LARGE piece of LiveRock. Steve from WWOF told me to put some live rock in my sump.

I will pick up a sump light when I get the chance to run to home depot. Finals week in college sucks on top of work. :eek:

UV Sterilizer is going in tomorrow. I'll throw in the Macroalgae in the DT temporarily... I guess I can use some green color in my tank and have it grow at the same time.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: