Malibu361

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
67   0   0
I never had it in my old tank ,now after 4 weeks of my new tank being up and having near perfect levels little spots are popping up on the powerheads and the corner overflow partition...I also run dual mh 150's....

brianx45

Diamonds of the Reef
Rating - 100%
71   0   0
Good lighting and water movement helps. I've heard if you get a piece of rock with some coraline growth on it already, and scrape it off in front of a powerhead it helps spread it throughout your tank.

Killerdrgn

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Lights i don't really feel is a major determinant of coraline algae growth. I'm running my 90 on a single T-12 strip light and the entire back wall is covered in coraline. Good water parameters I feel is the best way to grow coraline. Though good lighting will certainly help it grow much faster.

thewolfguy

shadow member
Rating - 92.3%
24   2   0
growth

You have to make sure you have low nitrates and phosphates. The seeding does enhance the rate of growth as well as high calcium levels. My 75 has been up and running and 70% of my rock surface is covered with green coraline. I need to drop my nitrates and phosphates before it turns a nice purple. Actually some if it is actually changing, but phospates are retarding the rate of the growth,.

danny13oy

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
patience, flow, good lighting, dkh, etc. are important for coralline algae ... but does anybody know why Seachem's Reef Calcium suggest on its bottle "it is not necessary to exceed 380mg/L total calcium when using this product?" I always thought (like most reefers) that we need to maintain calcium to about 400-500mg/L. I recently bought this product and learned about this. Does anybody have any experience with this product by Seachem? Should I follow what it says or should I maintain my calcium to the usual 400-500?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: