Hungriee

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
I'm considering redoing my plumbing on my tank. Right now I'm using Flexible PVC and vinyl. I'm considering in using all Sch40 PVC piping and pieces.

So far, I have a plan on how to do it. I was wondering if anyone has their phosban reactor connected to their plumbing. I was thinking of having a Tee which will separate some water flow to the phosban reactor. However I'm unsure how to connect the phosban reactor (vinyl tube) to the 1" PVC (Tee).

Is their some sort of barb connector that can connect a 1" Tee to a 5/8" vinyl that connects to the phosban?

can anyone post pics of how you did it?

autoponicz

powered by MR
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
heres a simple drawing of the manifold i make
manifold.jpg

-the 3/4" tee is inline with the return plumbing...if your return plumbing is 1/2" ...then cross that out...
-the union is optional..but just in case you want to change the angle or replace the mainfold then you wont have to cut the pipe.
-the 1/2" tee's are slipxslip and connected with pvc piping..
-the mpt adapters are connected with pvc piping
-the end of the manifold is sealed with a 1/2" closed bushing,or cap
-the mpt adapter then screws into 1/2" threaded ball valve or gate valves(your choice)
-the mptxbarb adapter is screwed into the valve also on the other end....
-use teflon tape for the threads

theres alot of ways to making a manifold...search through aquaticeco.com ,evrythingplastic.com , home depot ,lowes,plumbing supply stores, LFS etc. and you'll find all kind of ideas on making one

Last edited:

Hungriee

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
thanks for the detail post. It looks so simple but ive been thinking for awhile LOL

my return line is 1" PVC, im not sure if there are any fittings that go from 1" to 1/2". I'll have to make a stop at homedepot or lowes.

props for the drawing!:approve:

danny13oy

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
props for the diagram autoponicz ... looks/sounds like an awesome plan!!!

... i should have posted this question before i made mine ... =(

autoponicz