hijinks

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
on my 46 i had 30x the flow rate and it was too much for my soft corals.. they just didn't like it.. now i'm down to 20x the powerhead turnover and my softies seem to like it much better.

Davidl919

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
When I had my 90 gallon I used two #4.

Did you know they have new pumps With higher output and lower wattage?

They are called the Koralia Magnum Line The lowest model #5 outputs more than the koralia 4 and uses less wattage than the koralia 2.

Last edited:

DrGonzo

Jack of All Trades
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Yeah, I saw those. I guess I'm not sure if I want to spend that much right now. How did you like the #4?

When I had my 90 gallon I used two #4.

Did you know they have new pumps With higher output and lower wattage?

They are called the Koralia Magnum Line The lowest model #5 outputs more that the koralia 4 and uses less wattage than the koralia 2.

Rim_Reefer

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
i have 2 koralia 4s in my 72 bow and with all the rock i have in there im probably gonna add another 3 soon. I would definitely go with 2 4s for your 90 gallon. Another option which i wish i would have done is bought like 2 k 3s and 2 k2s so i could hide them.

danny13oy

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
i recently set up a 50gallon and I have 2 koralia 4 and a MJ1200. If you direct the flow appropriately, you can actually see the water circulate and ripple on the top side ... FYI, if you take off the cap, the flow actually increases significantly ... to a certain extent, it even caused a sand-storm ...

Dj Orion

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
I use a k2 and a k3 in my 75g and they are great. I had a k4 and it would literally blow my fish across the tank, so I decided to go lower. I think it all depends also on how you setup your tank, and how much rock you plan on adding. If you load up with rock, you may want to consider getting smaller pumps for the back corners of the tank, or even for behind the rock to prevent dead spots.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: