FocusReefing

Just a podcaster from Queens
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
I was a bad boy last week. My new baby is a 180g room divider tank. I got it from 4fishtanks.com Their show room is awesome the tanks are great quality. Even my girlfriend was awestruck, and shes usually just concerned with how much money im spending. Im still in the process of plumbing everything. I have a 30g sump and im gonna connect 2 more 10 gallon sumps to it. 1 will be a refuge tank, the other... a place for a skimmer and any reactors in the future. Im not sure what size pump to get. Its about 6ft from sump top of tank. Also Im not sure how many watts the lighting should be. Im considering the 48 inch Current USA Outer Orbit 2x150W. Would this be enough lighting if I intend to keep anemones in the future? Thanks for the help everyone.

FocusReefing

Just a podcaster from Queens
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Tank measures 60x23x30. The pump would have to pump water 6' from under tank to top, where it would flow back in. As far as corals, Im not sure exactly what I wanna keep yet, anemone is a main priority, some bubble tips, carpet, but as for others Im not yet sure. Thanks again.

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
minimum of duel 250w or a 8 bulb t5 which is really what id go with. i wouldnt run 2 or 3 tanks as sumps. get one make a fuge area, area for skimmer and area for return something like a 55g or 75g tank and get baffles cut, for pump either a external so you could plumb it to run phosban reactors or other stuff as well, less cords less plug in's less power and less headaches, one of the reeflo pumps was one for sale on here somewhere

Rating - 100%
38   0   0
yea get 250watts i made a mistake and bought
48 inch Current USA Outer Orbit 2x150W
i also have a 60 inch tank i bought a 40 gallon tank 48 inches long and made it into a sump check out my gallery, i made 4 sections starting from left 1 for skimmer 1 for filter sock 7inch diameter and thesock holder, 1 for return pump mag 18 and the last wall is 1 inch lower than the tank for make up water storage, works well for me, the mag 18 is t'd off with a manifold with 3 valves for anything you may wanna connect, i'll send an updated pic if you like cause i installed uv,carbon reactor nd im going to put in a phos reactor when it get here.

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
I can barely wait to see this one up and running! Go with the 250's now. I went with 175's initially and they worked well, but then I decided to start keeping SPS and ended up getting 250's now. I love my new lights.;) So you might as well start off with the higher then have to get them later.

Hey, how about a pic?:)

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: