Killerdrgn

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
The LFS told me live rock in your sump will rise cause my nitrates to rise is this the case?

Thoughts??

Did you hear this from Fishtown by any chance? I've heard a worker there tell that to someone before, and that they should use bioballs instead. It took every fiber in my body not to tell the guy off.

seascape

Acan Crazy
Rating - 100%
68   0   0
i have it in my sump for pods and also makes a good place to store rubble for fragging and i have had no probs with nitrates.i give it a little mix once in awhile.

Cr@sh

The Crystal ball Knows ?
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Killerdrgn: You must eat "ALOT" of total or raisin bran cause it takes big kahunas, to keep quite when you hear silly **** like that .I've used rubble and rock for years ,not alot, but like you ,somewhere they can hide. Alex (Aquatic Express) closed and great shop and Fish-baitbucket is still open .I know times are hurting but why are the goods guys taken out,while the disappointing stores are still open :scratch: Anthony: NHP Pets just changed owners and Tim ,the new Owner is a "Stand up guy" ! I'm in that store so much, I told them I'm bringing my mattress or bed and living there .He's a few blocks away and owning a number of pets ,it's easy to get my supplies.He is learning how to take pride and run that shop with "Great" Ideas down the pipeline.I've been giving input as to stock, and the crew, I plan On taking out for a day of sun & fun when warmer. Nice people but remember ,all shops have flaws including myself.We'll make that shop grow with quality stuff if we keep patronizing ,Get to know the staff and know ,There open to listening and don't think they know everything.I'm working on getting Tim to carry Reef nutrition products but the company wants to charge him for the fridge.Product's over time will change on the shelves and Jason will bring Great corals,so far he looks like he's doing a good job with the marine tanks.He's cleaned up a really bad,neglected system and brought it back to life.I hope to run into you there one day ....Hmm....I sound like I should get a job or work there .anyhoo .....Make it a shop you'll enjoy...Tim's cool and open for ideas.

Last edited:

AnthonyAce

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
I did notice the tanks and the whole place was getting cleaned up, I live nearby as well and buy most of my livestock from them. Although when I was there the tanks were not stocked with very much and I was not helped by Jason. Jason is a good guy - he is very knowledgeable about reef systems.

Thanks for the info keep up the good work.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: