hediki12

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
hey im getting my ac70 soon (yay 4 tax returns) and i realy hate my sand. ( mix of crush corals aand fine grain ) and i realy dont want another cycle so is there any way that i can avoide cycleing by adding fesh new sand? do ii have to get some from an established tank or can i just use some out the bag?

mandown123

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
When you add your live rock onto your new sand, that will have your bacterias on it. Just let some of your live rock hang out in the tank for a week or so and you should have it. Obviously test your levels before adding anything livestock-wise. you can also seed your new sand with a cupful of the old sand you hate. No biggie aesthetic-wise if you added only a cup full and you'd get a bonus on your bacterias.

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
If you add the LS from the bag slowly (over the course of a couple of weeks) you should be able to avoid any major cycle. It would be no different than adding a new fish or two to your tank.

swimmer

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: