• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

johnvic

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I re-did my rocks after about a week. I also pulled some sand because I thought it was too thick, I wanted a bit less. In terms of rocks I went for smaller pieces and more places for fish to swim through and to hide in. I have not added added a dead shrimp or BIO-Spira yet. I'm at 74.7', 1.024 S.G., 8.2- 8.3 pH. Ammonia is at 0, Nitrates 0-5. I need to get a Nitrite test kit.

I am going to add a nano powerhead or two and also even out the sand. I'll add the shrimp and BIO-Spira tomorrow or Thursday. No critters before 2nd week of April. Here is a shot of the rock work.

web.jpg

What is this? A feather duster? It has attached itself to the back of the tank:

web.jpg
web.jpg

DSC00009

Last edited:

johnvic

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Since it is ttached to the plastic back can I just pull it off with tweazers? I read up on it since this amazingly fast reply and I saw mention of using Kalkwasser.

aznt1217

Forever Noob
Rating - 100%
191   0   0
Since it's the back of the tank see if you can scrape it off with a razor or something. Just make sure it doesn't release it's spores back into the tank. I have aiptasia X and that has worked for me in the past, but you have to be accurate with it.

Don't put the dead shrimp in. It's just going to make your cycle even longer. It really is useless at this point.

hijinks

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
ya leave it there.. it will go away.. I turn off my powerheads for 20 minutes when I use that product.. If you tried to pull it out.. it would release spores and you'd get a ton more in your tank

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: