beastium

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
I have this decorator crab that always tries to be Fresh to Death and steals any small frags I introduce. Now, as this is what happens in the wild, I am assuming they wont die, unless they crabs don't care about the coral polyps and will settle for just their skeletons. Will they die? or is the reduced amount of light they receive living on this dude be enough for them to multiply? I have a stock Biocube 8, and the crab hides fromt he light, although I do see the GSP and zoanthid extended at times, at least daily, just not constantly as it would be if planted.

yiliyang

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I had a rare and valuable superman mushroom on a snail shell for a while. Then one day my electric blue leg hermit came and swapped into that snail shell. The crab hides in the shadows during the day, so my mushroom is just about gone. I wanted to get my shell back, but cant do it without killing the crab.

I feel your pain man.

Pinkheine

No More Room :-(
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
One of our urchins has about six or more heads of an unknown zoa on its back. They are still getting good extension and seem to be okay. Thankfully we have no shortage of this zoa so all is well in the glass box. Though I wasn't happy when the darn thing knocked my African Xenia off the back wall that I picked up from Pablo and it went MIA.

Those silly little critters doing what they do.. typically going unnoticed until we intervene and keep them for our own entertainment/aggrivation :splitspin On a positive... good way to clean up all those empty shells in tank.. the urchin saves me the trouble. ;) lol

ESSELO

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
133   0   0
Decorator Crab

i have a decorator crab in my reef tank and everyone freaks out. other than the occasional pruning he doesn't do much damage. frags probably take the pruning harder than mature pieces but keep in mind the crab will eventually molt. once this ocurrs you can have your pieces back. also keep in mind, once he molts he will start to redecorate!

OctaviousMonk

Sucka Free Reefin' !!!
Rating - 100%
43   0   0
When mine used to shed he would just pick the old stuff off his molt. These are creatures that most consider not reef safe for just the reason you are experiencing. But hey that didn't stop me frm trying one in my reef either, lol. Mine was named spidey.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: