reefman

Chairman of the board
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
dosing 2 part is totally dependent on your ca & alk par. each tank is different. if 1 par is unusally low, it may b cause by other par being outa wrack. just increasing dosage may not be the answer.

jrobbins

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
95   0   0
a quick way to gague your current calcium demands (and therefore how much you need to dose) is to measure your calcium, wait a week without dosing or waterchanges, and measure again. divide by 7 (or however many days you waited) and you will have your daily calcium consumption. 1 ml of B-ionic will raise the Ca of 1 gal of saltwater approximately 16ppm. with these numbers you should easily be able to figure out how much you need to dose.

you should still test occasionally as when your corals grow your daily Ca consumption will also increase...
hope that helps.

geldof

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
75   0   0
a quick way to gague your current calcium demands (and therefore how much you need to dose) is to measure your calcium, wait a week without dosing or waterchanges, and measure again. divide by 7 (or however many days you waited) and you will have your daily calcium consumption. 1 ml of B-ionic will raise the Ca of 1 gal of saltwater approximately 16ppm. with these numbers you should easily be able to figure out how much you need to dose.

you should still test occasionally as when your corals grow your daily Ca consumption will also increase...
hope that helps.

Very well put:)

ecvernon

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
170   0   0
What's your Mg level? It may be low which is why your dosing so much. Mg helps maintain Ca and Alk levels.

+1
magnesium is very important. at one point when i first started i kept on dosing 2part calcium and alkalinity every day and had no Coraline algae growth. until i got my magnesium levels where they were supposed to be. and i also had to dose less two parts after i was maintaining my magnesium levels

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: