DEL

reef guy in jc
Rating - 100%
98   0   0
hey guys..ive always wondered..i have 2 RBT anemones..they are in a 72 bow with a 36" orbit dual 150watt 10k bulbs..and 2 54watt actinics..when i first got the RBTs they were fully extended..over 3months..they shrunk to about 4"..should i switch my lighting to 14k insteak of 10?? whats the best light setuip people use??

SIReefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
55   0   0
I have GBTAs in a 75 w/2 250 MH & 2 96 PC. They are up high w/lots of flow. When they split they sometimes shrivel up & then wala you have 2. Did you change anything in your setup? Are they roaming? How long have they been like this? How old are the bulbs? You have enough light though.

jhart

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I dout it's your lights, it could be a number of things, water flow, could be to much , not enough, water quality, ( water changes ) not frequent enough . pests bothering or touching it. Including other animals in your tank and corals . If I were to guess its water quality.. do a nice water change.. use a good salt mix, lower your power heads for a couple days away from the RtB. Check ur temp , shouldnt be that but never know. test your PH, Nitrate, see where its at.. then you can determine if its water quality..

Deanos

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
194   0   0
The "best" light for RBTAs in a tank like yours would be at least 2 250w metal halides. Of course, the anemones can survive at lower lightingslevels, but why not provide them with "best"?

Mr. Softy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
I dout it's your lights, it could be a number of things, water flow, could be to much , not enough, water quality, ( water changes ) not frequent enough . pests bothering or touching it. Including other animals in your tank and corals . If I were to guess its water quality.. do a nice water change.. use a good salt mix, lower your power heads for a couple days away from the RtB. Check ur temp , shouldnt be that but never know. test your PH, Nitrate, see where its at.. then you can determine if its water quality..
Agreed. If your water chemistry is not good and you start pumping lazer beem lighting on them, you will kill it in a heart beat. And please, don't force the poor thing to eat if its health is failing. I have never run halides or fed my anomones and the things grow to ridiculous sizes. Its all in the water quality. If you have good water, moderate lighting, and a mature tank with spawning critters, it will get fed naturally and thrive. Good luck.

jhart

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Agreed. If your water chemistry is not good and you start pumping lazer beem lighting on them, you will kill it in a heart beat. And please, don't force the poor thing to eat if its health is failing. I have never run halides or fed my anomones and the things grow to ridiculous sizes. Its all in the water quality. If you have good water, moderate lighting, and a mature tank with spawning critters, it will get fed naturally and thrive. Good luck.

I couldnt agree Any MORE!! ( 3-5 watts of light per gallon is a good Start>)

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: