mckostya

Lovin', is what I got.
Rating - 100%
69   0   0
Hello all,

I purchased new lights set up.
http://www.reefgeek.com/lighting/Metal_Halide/IceCap/Deluxe_Systems_(MH_Only)/Metal_Halide_Deluxe_System_w!_250W_14000K_HQI_Ushio_by_IceCap

I cant figure out how to connect them all together lol.
Here is the picture of what i got..
P4120002.jpg

So the reflector goes into that Female Receptacle with three wires...and how do i connect all that to the IceCap ballast?? Im not quite sure how to set this up. am I missing some parts?

Any help would be appreciated.
thank you

reefman

Chairman of the board
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
i think u need to open up the heatsink and remove "A" n replace with "B".
or connect "B" to a power cord with a adapter that can plug into "A". not sure y it wasnt connect with "B" in the 1st place.

Attachments

• P4120002.jpg
    P4120002.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 118
Last edited:

HD Fatboy?

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Theres not a schematic on the Ice Cap Ballast?....all mine have them....also if you search the net for it I think U may find it......GooD LucK!

House of Laughter

Super Moderator
Staff member
Vendor
Rating - 100%
310   0   0
K,

Cut "A" off as close to the plug end as possible. Splice A into B and then connect the male female connectors.

Should have gone with the native blue wave ballast - you wouldn't have to splice anything. The blue wave HQI ballast runs about the same as that IceCap Ballast in electricity and I personally like the HQI colors better. I know because I use both of them.

HTH

House

aaron23

!THE ULTIMATE REEFER!
Rating - 98.3%
234   4   0
K,

Cut "A" off as close to the plug end as possible. Splice A into B and then connect the male female connectors.

Should have gone with the native blue wave ballast - you wouldn't have to splice anything. The blue wave HQI ballast runs about the same as that IceCap Ballast in electricity and I personally like the HQI colors better. I know because I use both of them.

HTH

House
+1

mckostya

Lovin', is what I got.
Rating - 100%
69   0   0

Jim, thank you for help. When i purchased the lights combo i was under the impression it was plug and play, as it was listed as "MH light system". Learn something new everyday....

Not sure i want to try doing this myself, with such expensive for my pocket at least, equipment.

thanks some great people on this forum!!! :tongueani

Last edited:

aaron23

!THE ULTIMATE REEFER!
Rating - 98.3%
234   4   0
it is very easy.... cut letter A, the wires inside A will match those in B. then strip each of the 3 wires and twist them together and put electrical tape or a wirenut on it. done.

mckostya

Lovin', is what I got.
Rating - 100%
69   0   0
ahhh ok, if the wires match, i should be able to do it. Ill give it a try tonight.
thanks Aaron
just looked thought your 120 build, one sweet tank!

it is very easy.... cut letter A, the wires inside A will match those in B. then strip each of the 3 wires and twist them together and put electrical tape or a wirenut on it. done.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: