NIGHTCRAWLER

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
55   0   0
hi, i started setting up a 55 gal refuguim in my garage to feed through the wall to my 225 gal, now im having second thoughts because in winter,it can get like 40 degrees in garage. do you think it will be a good idea if i continue?
i can't fit refuguim in cabinet under my tank, but i can fit it near my tank on another cabinet,but wanted it garage for noise reduction. any sugestions
DSC07590.jpg

DSC07641.jpg

artie1209

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
You can wrap it in Styrofoam insulation and have a tight fitting cover to prevent some heat loss. you can also compensate with an additional heater. What about in the summer, how HOT does your garage get?

NIGHTCRAWLER

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
55   0   0
my garage is pretty cool in the summer, was just worried about the winter,thinking that if it got like 40 degrees in there. summer should will be fine with temp though.

ClosetFishGeek

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
114   0   0
All of my equipment is in my garage....a 210, 135 gallon sump, 55 gallon frag tank and 20 gallon fuge. My garage is sheetrocked and does not get bellow 60 in the winter. I put in a small electric space heater and it works like a champ....it keeps my garage at 70 during the winter...I only use 2 250 watt heaters to heat all the water....the pumps do the rest.....:splitspin...You are probably going to need a large heater in your garage...or a way to seperate your tank( a seperate small space) and heat it. Option 2 a few heaters in your fuge......

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: