Simon Garratt

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive got one with the power adapter to run permanently.

The probe isn't too bad as far as probes go, but the unit is very susceptible to interference from other electrical items, specifically any switchable items plugged into the same plug bar or socket (IE timers etc), and any electronic T5 starters that are within 4-5ft.

both will cause the reading to bounce by as much as 0.1 when they come on or go off and it can take some time to settle out so you have to take readings with a pinch of salt if you suddenly notice something out of the norm.

Regards

Simon.

tomtoothdoc

GOLFER WANNABE
Rating - 100%
390   0   0
Ive got one with the power adapter to run permanently.

The probe isn't too bad as far as probes go, but the unit is very susceptible to interference from other electrical items, specifically any switchable items plugged into the same plug bar or socket (IE timers etc), and any electronic T5 starters that are within 4-5ft.

both will cause the reading to bounce by as much as 0.1 when they come on or go off and it can take some time to settle out so you have to take readings with a pinch of salt if you suddenly notice something out of the norm.

Regards

Simon.
have you ever run it just on battery? any difference?

o0jmadr0x0o

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
i got mine on the day i posted this. it worked for a week then just quit working, but the guy sent me another one and since then everything has been great( assuming its giving me a good reading and my PH is really at 8.25)

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: