PolandSpring

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
243   0   0
i just recently set up my 90gal tank and it is making a lot of noise! + Its in my room so i need to be able to sleep at night :irked: Its sounds lke my skimmer is vibrating on the glass .. does anyone know any tips to help keep down the sound?

PolandSpring

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
243   0   0
o right.. sorry wasn't thinking
um.. im not sure what the exact model skimmer it is.. i would have to find out from the person i bought it from... but without knowing the model are there any quick tips to just reduce the sound by a little?

Kaz289

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I had a similar problem when my tank was in my room, I bought one of those big dish sponges cut it to size and wedged it between the glass and where it was rubbing no more noise. maybe this will work for you.

PolandSpring

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
243   0   0
Yah thats a great idea.. ill try the mouse pad.. but if it doesn't work..do u know the name of the sponge? because i dont want to put any sponges in my tank that have chemicals and + i cant find a big enough sponge anywhere to fit the bottom xD :tongueani

autoponicz