Kaz289

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I am willing to sell my compacts but i paid like $ 280.00 for them 6 months ago they are 48in. I would be willing to take $200.00 for them they are brand new. I do have a 48in single fluorescent fixture with a fairly new bulb. I forget what kind of bulb, but it was the best one they sold at the time. It will look strange on your tank cause of the overhang but it will hold you over till u get some more dough. If u want it it's yours for free, but u gotta pick it up. Im in Nj just across the Gw. I would hate for u to waiste your money on something that u will regret buying in a few months. Save your money for a compact set up or even better a used T-5 set up. If u want the fixture Pm me before 1pm and ill bring them to work with me and u can pick it up there im 5 miles into Nj from the Gw bridge.

Kaz289

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
yeah they are T-8 perfect for what u want to do. Corals will not do well with these you will definitly need to upgrade if u plan to have anything other then fish or rock in your tank. But the 3 bulb set up is good u can always change one of the bulbs out for a purple colored one that will make your fish look nice. But I would start at $50 and negotiate from there.

Kaz289

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I always kept glass on my tanks with these. It keeps the bulbs in better condition and there is a fluorescent starter that is exposed and will burn out if it gets wet from condensation or splashing. I also had a fish or two jump out the tank when I wasn't home then found them on the floor. Hope I was able to help a little let me know how you make out.

Last edited:

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
Last edited:

NYReefer

GOT FRAGS??
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I would definitely check out the fs forums here, craigslist, or ebay... people are always selling and if your looking for a flourescent fixture i wouldnt but a new one-- 100 bucks for that 2 bulb strip is too much.. and remember u just need the fixture.. flourescent bulbs are cheap to replace..
check this out.... http://www.manhattanreefs.com/forum/sale-trade/59623-36-inch-t-5-75-a.html

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: