Rating - 100%
22   0   0
So heres the setup -

Red Sea Max 34 Gallon
Replaces the Stock skimmer - Tunze Nano Skimmer W/ InTank Media Basket

I oringally thought the micro bubbles were comming from the stock skimmer but turns out after swapping it out. no change.

So im left thinking its the two return pumps. Does anyone have any prior knowledge of these pumps? I know they arent running dry cause i can clearly see the water level is far high enough. Is it possible to replace them with Ex: Maxi-jets? or am i stuck using stock ones?

Chiefmcfuz

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
There may be air in bubbles in the pump or the pumps could be sucking air because there isn't enough water in the return area of the tank. Open the top and see if there is enough water there if not you may have to back the pumps down. If there is enough then turn off the pumps and disconnect them from the return hose and turn them around a few times see if any air comes out.

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
So far i've ripped out both pumps and scrubbed them. and water levels look perfect to where they should be. You can see "9" are the pumps. They look excatly like maxi-jet but they have black clip on tubes to pull the water from further down. Water levels come up to the pump though. Im debating on replacing them to see if that does the trick but not sure

130d_filtration_big.jpg

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: