cisco1717

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
94   0   0
Hi to all fellow reefers thanks 4 reading. I will make this as concise as i can but i want to share what happen to me over this memorial weekend so that it dont happen to anyone else.
I had a used 52gal cube tank just a few months old. stock with corals, fish and inverts everything running perfect. Then my best friend saw my tank and wanted it. So I sold my tank minus the corals,fish,inverts to him to buy another better fully set-up tank that also have coral,fish and inverts.
My friend and I are happy that we both now have tanks, etc. i gave him frags of anything i have dupilcate for free, this was the happy part.
the sad part: i was not prepared and knowledgeable on transporting live goods. there were 3 different location: from my place in queens to my friends home in jersey then to the bronx for the 2nd tank and back to queens. I lost: A borbonius spotted anthias, 1 wrasse, 2 xL cleaner shrimp, 1 Lg fire shrimp, 1 coral banded shrimp, 1 acan, half of my red sun coral colony, and a Lg red carnation coral... People all i ask is plan plan plan ahead, make preperation for the unexpected. i can tell you what i did wrong but that's a whole new book. its easy when your tank is empty but think carefully when live goods are involved. Am mad that i lost money but really more upset that they had to die. here are pics of the new tank and on one pic i had to break out part of the back cause i couldn't attach the overflow pipe to the sump.

Last edited:

cisco1717

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
94   0   0
thanks guys for the sympathy. On the 1st trip i forgot to have extra salt on hand, i miscalculated on the amount of prepared water for the 35 gal sump so i ended up adding tap water which diluted the rest of the tank water and by this time it was midnight already. i also used zip lock bags which dont hold as good as those from the fish store. also everytime you disturb the LR & LS it spikes up the parameters that stresses everything which i didnt know until it was to late. i waited 2 days for the second tank so that i can prep extra water and get the right baggies for transport this one was done right.

cisco1717

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
94   0   0
i uploaded pics twice and i dont see them.

Attachments

• DSC00843.JPG
    DSC00843.JPG
    98.2 KB · Views: 70
  • DSC00844.JPG
    DSC00844.JPG
    86.2 KB · Views: 71
  • DSC00845.JPG
    DSC00845.JPG
    104.3 KB · Views: 70
  • DSC00846.JPG
    DSC00846.JPG
    89.7 KB · Views: 71
  • DSC00847.JPG
    DSC00847.JPG
    85.2 KB · Views: 68
  • DSC00848.JPG
    DSC00848.JPG
    84.9 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: